Currently, the Directorate to the Program for Enhancing KFU’s Competitive Ranking acts as the key executive body of the Project 5-100 at the University. The Directorate is headed by the KFU rector, who summons its meetings, presides over them and arranges for making records (minutes). The composition of the Directorate is approved by order of the KFU rector. Head of the Directorate have deputies from among the members of the Directorate, one of which is the project manager of the Program for Enhancing KFU’s Competitive Ranking, whereas others supervise priority area of KFU development and have the same administrative powers as vice-rectors. Besides, the Directorate includes the key vice-rectors, the administrator of the Program for Enhancing KFU’s Competitive Ranking, and heads of the administrative university units.
The Directorate takes the following powers:
- making decisions about opening new specialties and major academic programs with follow-up obtaining an educational license as prescribed;
- adoption of the KFU structure, as well as its changes and amendments as concerns the organizational units engaged in educational and research activities, with exception to creation and liquidation of branches;
- adoption of regulation samples for KFU organizational units as concerns the ones engaged in educational and research activities;
- adoption of the KFU Charter, its changes and amendments;
- development of a strategy and a long-term development plan for KFU;
- consideration, specification and making changes of the Program for Enhancing KFU’s Competitive Ranking in view of its long-term development plan;
- consideration of projects initiated in framework of the Program for Enhancing KFU’s Competitive Ranking; approval of the volume of funds allocation, staffing, key performance indicators (KPI) as to the projects realization;
- summoning sessions of the KFU Council, Supervisory Board, and Board of Trustees;
- approval of the procedure of elections and competitions for teaching staff positions; reviewing and deciding on results of execution of effective (performance-based) contracts with KFU employees; making suggestions for changes and amendments to effective contracts;
- selection of candidates from the leading Russian and international experts to work at KFU;
- deciding on the need for changes and (or) amendments to the KFU local regulations;
- other issues within the Directorate’s competence according to KFU regulations and the Charter.
Switching to the StrAU-based realization of the Program for Enhancing KFU’s Competitive Ranking will retain the Directorate’s powers associated with the implementation of statutory, strategic and system-wide tasks of the university development (transformational component). With respect to the StrAU the Directorate reserves:
- Overall coordination of development process of all StrAUs, including
- Coordination and approval of the general budget of StrAUs;
- Allocation of additional funds from the budget and non-budgetary sources for the development of a StrAU in excess of established limits;
- StrAU’s key performance indicators (KPI);
- Election and re-election of the StrAU managers, based on the results achieved;
- Making decisions to increase / reduce the organizational structure of a StrAU, to administratively re-subordinate StrAU elements to a backbone institute;
- Making proposals on new StrAUs establishment.
All powers relating to the decision of strategic and operational tasks assigned to a specific StrAU (including the allocation of financial resources within the StrAU, decomposition of KPI between the StrAU’s projects, monitoring the effectiveness of the implementation of projects within the StrAU, personnel recruitment, choosing mechanisms and tools to achieve the target indicators, etc.) are delegated to the StrAU level.
Collegial management bodies of the StrAU will be the Coordinating Council of the StrAU and the Advisory Scientific-Expert Council of the StrAU. Executive bodies are the Directorate of the StrAU and project office of the StrAU.
The Directorate of the StrAU consists of the leader of the StrAU – Director of the Institute of Geology and Petroleum Technologies, area managers of the StrAU (5 people), project administrator (1 person) group of information support (3 persons) and support of international activities (3 persons) within the StrAU.
The leader of the StrAU realizes the operational control of the area managers of the StrAU, plans, monitors the progress of projects and the achievement of key performance indicators, and provides the area managers with necessary resources for the implementation of activities within the areas of the StrAU.
The area managers of the StrAU organize efficient work of the project in order to achieve their key performance indicators of the StrAU.
Group of information support together with the Department of Information and Communication of the KFU provides information support and maintenance of the activities within each area of the StrAU.
Group of support of international activities in cooperation with the Department of External Relations of the KFU provides support for international activities in each area within the framework of the StrAU.